[mythtv] Compiling on AMD64

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Feb 2 20:13:36 UTC 2006

Tony Brummett wrote:
> I'm compiling myth for the first time on an AMD64 machine with the
> x86_64 version of Fedora Core 4.  ./configure was complaining about
> not being able to find libmp3lame until I added /lib64 and /usr/lib64
> to /etc/ld.so.conf
>
> I was just windering if this was normal?  I figured that either those
> directories would be put in ld.so.conf by the OS installer, or that
> configure would know if the arch is x86_64, then you have to look in
> the 64-bit lib directories for some libs.

I get that on my distro too, but as no-one else complained I didn't open
a ticket.

The attached diffs fix things for me.

I can open a ticket if this is OK for commit,but not tested on any other
distro than Mandrake 2006.0. Other systems may not use the /lib64
prefix. It could be make more intelligent to check for the existance of
those directories too I guess.

Col.

--

|     Colin Guthrie      |