[mythtv] LiveTV with multiple tuners fails when first tuner doesn't respond...

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Wed Feb 1 13:40:15 UTC 2006

Steven Adeff píše v St 01. 02. 2006 v 08:14 -0500:

>                 I have three tuners, for some reason MythTV wants to
>                 use my firewire connected cablebox as the first tuner
>                 for live TV
>
>         You can set tuner priorities in mythtv-setup.

> My priority list:
> 1) HD3000
> 2) PVR150
> 3) Firewire DCT6200

> so I assume livetv works backwards through the list, except that when
> I'm in livetv on the DCT6200 and hit the tuner change button it goes
> to my HD3000 next, then the PVR150. I assume this is due to the
> priority for the next scheduled recording and trying to avoid that
> tuner. But since my HD3000 only gets like 8 channels it would be nice
> to be able to tell Myth not to use it as a general livetv tuner unless
> I specificly tune to one of the channels it does receive (ie an HDTV
> channel).

I *think* that MythTV uses either cardid order or even the physical
order of entries in the database table for Live TV. I have manually
exchanged all fields of row 1 (cardid 1) with row 3 (cardid 3) in the
table (all but the cardid field itself, of course) to let Live TV prefer
the PVR 150 instead of a bt8x8 card.

Petr