[mythtv] EPIA M10k - XvMC: Very high CPU (even when paused!!)

Herman Kuiper herman at frontier.nl
Fri Dec 29 09:25:41 UTC 2006

> I stopped using minimyth some years ago. I really wanted it to work, but
> it was just too dammed hard to get the development environment up and
> running. In the end I opted for using my favourite distro inside a
> chroot and using an NFS root install. Works brillantly and allows me to
> update to myth SVN very easily and quickly.

As I run Myth with some minor patches of my own (which were not accepted
into head) but also didn't want to have a complete development environment,
I run MiniMyth via NFS and just compile an SVN version on the NFS server
and copy it on top of the shared Minimyth root. The server is Debian, and
mostly "it just works", for one or two plugins I need to put newer .so
files in the local/lib directory of Minimyth as it uses older versions.

	Herman