[mythtv] Database design documentation?

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Dec 26 23:34:01 UTC 2006

> Does documentation for the underlying database structures, and
> usage exist?

	There is some here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Category:Developer_Documentation
under "DB Table" and 'Database Schema".

	Problems caused by a new frontend can be
hard to find, though. You will have to look through
the schema upgrade code:
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/
dbcheck.cpp
work out what changes were made, and revert them.
It helps a lot if you know what the schema version
was before your new frontend upgraded it.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"People say I'm strange,
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | does it make me a stranger?