[mythtv] Infinite loop in mythbackend

Vitold vitold.md at vitou.com
Sat Dec 23 18:34:49 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have an infinite loop in my backend too, whene I delete a recorded program
with mythweb and certainelyin many other way.

"MainServer::customEvent" receive the RECORDING_LIST_CHANGE message and send
it to the PlaybackSock.
The message is received by "MythContext::readyRead" and is send back to
MainServer::customEvent.

Until glibc crash, I think caused by a stack overload

I don't know the how the mythtv protocol work, so I tried to replace this line

850           else if (pbs->wantsEvents())
by
                  else if (pbs->wantsEvents() && !pbs->isLocal())

The backend don't crash anymore, but probably this will cause other problems

Mary christmas
Vitold