[mythtv] Compile Mythtv on PS3

crsheaves at catnetsolutions.com crsheaves at catnetsolutions.com
Tue Dec 19 04:08:39 UTC 2006

Yes, to be honest, I can install off of atrpm and it will install
myth-suite fine.  But when I run it I get a strange library error with
libmythavcodec.  I can then run just /.configure and make and it will
fail, BUT it has created the libmythavcodec and I can put that file in
place of the lib file that was installed from atrpm.  Mythtv runs ALMOST
100% after doing this.  Mythtv fails to probe the card and I get no
selections for input connections.  I have verified the WinTV-PVR-USB2 is
totally working fine.  Also what is strange is if I save the card config,
and go back in to edit the device, it actually does list Television at the
bottom, but still says failed to probe card.

Soooooo, after all that....I'm juts trying to ccompile from source to get
this failed to probe working.  I saw this type of error on the forums for
another ppc and a build from scratch worked.

LOL, quite cutting edge.  BTW, I'm stuck running 2.6.16, but have got
2.6.16.34 working with no change.

Thanks