[mythtv] Recent change in plugin API?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Dec 14 18:25:47 UTC 2006

> On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 23:40 +1300, Robin Gilks wrote:
>> Greetings
>>
>> Has there been a change to the frontend plugin API in the last 4-6 weeks
>> that could be causing MythStream to suddenly start to crash the frontend
>> on exit? (sudden in that it didn't used to - using 0.17_2).
>>
>> Currently on r12240 but this problem has been present for a while now
>> and
>> scanning through commits I can't see anything that could be causing it
>> :-(
>>
>> Any help to improve the WAF appreciated.
>
> The plugin API has changed many times since 0.17, and a few
> times in the last few weeks. I'm surprised that any plugin
> written for a 2 year old version of MythTV would still be
> working. The ABI has probably changed a hundred times since
> then. You should try recompiling the plug-in against the
> version of MythTV you are using and make any changes needed
> to make it compile, this may get it to run with the version
> of MythTV you are using. The plug-in should also check it's
> ABI version against the running MythTV ABI version, that
> would prevent it from loading unless the ABI matched. Grep
> one of the official plugins for MYTH_BINARY_VERSION to see
> how this is done.

The latest version of MythStream that I'm using dates from 15th October
2006 and at this time worked fine with the current SVN head (whatever that
was). It checks MYTH_BINARY_VERSION as this has changed a couple of times
since mid October but I've not been able to find the change that is
causing the crash on exit :-(

I've attached a backtrace of the crash if that helps.

--
Robin Gilks