[mythtv] Updating two datasources with a single xmltv file

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 22:57:39 UTC 2006

On 13/12/06, KaZeR <kazer at altern.org> wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I have two datasources, both for my pvr350's card.
> The first one is for the broadcast-over-air channels (binded to the tuner).
> The second one is for the channels from my cable box, binded to the
> svideo input. (e.g. : Discovery Channel).
>
> I've set up my channels accordingly, and it all works fine (for now...)
> Now if i try to update my tv guide datas (i use a xmltv file) i need at
> the moment to specify which source to update :
> e.g.: mythfilldatabase -f <sourceid> <offset> tvguide.xml
>
> When doing this, it recreates a channel Discovery channel, binded to the
> first input. All programs informations are binded to this channel, which
> is new, and don't have a freqid nor a channum.
>
> Same thing applies when updating with the second sourceid.
>
> Does anyone have a solution? Why does it needs so hard to recreate a
> channel, when the xmltv_id is set and is correct?

The easiest solution is to create 2 xmltv configurations, one for each
source containing only the channels available on that source, and run
mythfilldatabase twice.

I've also asked the same question ( a few days ago was the most recent
:) ) - having faced the same scenario over the past couple of years
using the uk_rt grabber - why doesn't MFDB only match channels which
exist on the target video source and update their listings, and ignore
other channel/listings information in the XML file?

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/