[mythtv] Scheduled recordings labeled as LiveTv sometimes

Don dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Mon Dec 11 02:38:46 UTC 2006

MythTv missed a recording the other day, so decided to do some
experimenting. I'm using:

MythTv - Version - 0.20 (stable release)
Linux Fedora core V-6 (fc6) - (stable release)
Installation guide by Jarod Wilson

If I am watching LiveTv and a list of back-to-back scheduled shows
comes up, it records each of the shows, but every other show will be
labeled as LiveTv, rather than a normally scheduled show.  As I was
watching some test recordings, the menu displayed at the next recording
time had a different default selection every other time.  It seemed to
switch back and forth between selections,( maybe?) depending on what it
was doing when the schedule time came up.  I think they came up like
this, and used whatever the menu highlight landed on (so that's the
recording we ended up with):

Record and watch while it records
Don't let it record, I want to watch TV
Record and watch while it records
Don't let it record, I want to watch TV
Record and watch while it records

In a test, I attempted to record:

10:45am - Channel 2
10:50am - Channel 3
10:55am - Channel 4
11:00am - Channel 5
11:05am - Channel 6

... and got recordings for:

Channel - 2 - Default group (scheduled recording)
Channel - 2 - LiveTv group
Channel - 4 - Default group (scheduled recording)
Channel - 4 - LiveTv group
Channel - 6 - Default group (scheduled recording)

... after the fifth recording, it stayed on this:
Channel - 6 - Stayed on live tv

The backend logs have entries for "Canceled recording (Aborted)", but
the shows are actually recorded and displayed on the "LiveTv" filter
list.  I saw another post where the author thought there was a conflict
between restoring live tv (at the end of the first recording) and
starting the second recording.  This looked more like it was following
the default menu selection.  There seems to be two ways around it at the
moment; schedule shows one minute apart (start late) or don't leave it
on LiveTv when back-to-back recordings are coming up.  Anyone else have
similar experiences?

Don