[mythtv] [mythtv-users] xvmc can't play 720p content at 1080i (fwd)

Michael Tiller michael.tiller at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 21:06:05 UTC 2006

On 12/7/06, Daniel Walton <dwalton at cisco.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Michael Tiller wrote:

> > I've got a socket 478 P4 2.4GHz processor in my system now.  I can't
> > playback HD with XvMC and definitely not without it.
>
> Try using the "use different screensize for GUI vs playback" option so
> that you
> drop your screen resolution down to 480p for any of the 720p content (and
> the
> 1080i content if you are having problems with it).  If I do this then I
> can use
> XvMC to play the 720p shows at 480p.  You're giving up some resolution but
> it
> would save you the hassle of transcoding everything.

I looked at this, but I did not understand how to configure it.  Maybe I'm
stupid, but after a quick glance at the configuration UI I wasn't sure what
I was supposed to do.  Isn't screen resolution determined by X, not by
Myth?!?  Anyway, now that you've mentioned this again I'll go back and see
what I can make of it a second time.

Note that I'm not "giving up some resolution"...I'm running this on an
analog TV! :-)

--
Mike