[mythtv] Aspect/Zoom Override Menu UI

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Dec 5 14:03:51 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 14:01 -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Mon Dec 04, 2006 at 12:45:48PM -0500, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > There is a bug filed on the aspect ratio override menu. The problem is
> > that unlike the other checkbox menus this menu does not go away when
> > you select one of the entries and since the checkbox menu is not
> > regenerated after you select an action this causes the old selection
> > to remain selected. I could fix this relatively easily, but my question
> > is should this menu really behave differently from the other checkbox
> > menus?
>
> I added the aspect ratio section to the OSD menu because I wanted to go
> directly to a specfic setting rather than cycling through the options
> with 'W'.  My main reason for not closing the menu was to make it easier
> to pick another aspect if the one chosen ended up being incorrect.  Now
> that I'm more familiar with the various modes, I myself have been a little
> annoyed that it doesn't close the menu once I pick an option.
>
> I don't have a problem with making this section of the menu close
> automatically like the rest of the menu does.

Ok, I'll do that then. In general we might want to change all the
checkbox menus so that you could select an item and not exit the
menu. Perhaps by having SELECT select the item and exit the menu
and having the right arrow select the item and not exit the menu.
That would be useful in many of the other menus. For example the
EIA-608 closed caption menu with NTSC streams identifies the streams
as CC-1 and CC-3 so you only know what language the caption stream
is in by a channel specific convention.

-- Daniel