[mythtv] Current SVN DVB-S zapping problems (diseqc?)

Yeasah Pell yeasah at schwide.com
Thu Aug 31 07:52:25 UTC 2006

Lukas Kasprowicz wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 30. August 2006 21:17 schrieb Yeasah Pell:
>
>> Lukas Kasprowicz wrote:

>>> No sorry there are no messages like this in debug=2.
>>>
>>> Any other ideas?
>>>
>> Unless I'm missing something about this driver or your particular card,
>> Try compiling and running the attached test app (it will use dvb
>> adapter0, make sure nothing else is using it when you run it or it won't
>> work) and see if it generates anything about voltage in the log -- it
>> should switch the voltage between 13V, 18V and off every half second.
>>

> Got it. Please take a look on attached file.
>
> Good night.
>
> Lukas

So, there the voltage change lines are in the kernel log. So, if I'm
understanding the situation correctly, the voltage test app produces
voltage change lines in the kernel log with debug=2, but mythtv tuning
doesn't (even though mythtv seems to think it's sending voltage changes
per its own log, i.e. "Changing LNB voltage to xxV")

If this is actually the case, well, that's somewhat baffling. I would
suggest you add additional log lines to diseqc.cpp right around the
FE_SET_VOLTAGE ioctl so that you know exactly when and how many times
the ioctl is being called, and exactly what the return value is. If you
see that the ioctls are definitively happening in the myth log and
aren't failing, but don't see the voltage messages in the kernel log...
well, that wouldn't make one bit of sense, but let's see...

-y