[mythtv] Transport/network IDs are not set for DVB-S (breaks audio-only channels)

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Wed Aug 30 22:08:55 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 30 August 2006 22:39, Steve Hill wrote:
> My DVB-S channels were imported from a dvbscan channels.conf file by
> mythtv-setup.  The transportid and networkid in the dtv_multiplex
> table are set to NULL (is this normal?).

Yes, the channels.conf file doesn't contain the information. Scanning
all known transponders should fix it.

> Line 1719 of tv_rec.cpp reads:
>      if (netid > 0 && tsid > 0 && progNum >= 0)
> and a bit of debugging shows that when I switch to a DVB-S channel
> the netid and tsid are both set to 0.
>
> I'm a bit unclear on how this code works, but the result is basically
> that recording of audio-only channels doesn't work since line 1800
> gets executed, no matter what your recording profile is set to:
>      sd->SetVideoStreamsRequired(1);

Without original network id and transport stream id we handle the
channel as generic mpeg channel. I don't know of any non-DVB audio only
channels and I'm not sure if the channel scanner will take them up if
you use real scanning.
You should populate your networkid and transportid for DVB. Otherwise
DVB-EIT will also not work.

HTH Janne