[mythtv] No EIT data / "program not found in PAT"

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Wed Aug 30 12:38:32 UTC 2006

Running the latest subversion head I'm trying to get the system to
populate the EPG from the EIT for channels that I can't get xmltv data
for.  I've got a WinTV Nova-S Plus DVB-S card pointing at Astra2 28.2 /
Eurobird1 28.5 (i.e. Sky Digital).

The EIT scanner appears to be running:
2006-08-30 12:07:03.325 EITScanner: Now looking for EIT data on multiplex
of channel 1108

However, the program guide isn't being populated.  I wondered if the EPG
was handled differently, since Sky seem to like to do things in an
incompatable way, but tv_grab_dvb sees (limited) data from the EIT and
following the dvbsnoop suggestions in
it does seem like EIT data is being broadcast.

I'm also seeing a lot of this logged:
2006-08-30 12:18:06.908 Program #52409 not found in PAT!
(followed by a dump of the PAT)
But http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/743 seems to indicate that this
logging shouldn't be happening any more.

--

  - Steve