[mythtv] MacOS X MMX yuv420_2vuy Patch

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 03:47:22 UTC 2006

On 8/29/06, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 21:57 -0400, Todd Ignasiak wrote:
> > On 8/29/06, Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:
> > The above tests were with recorded programs.  When I tried viewing
> > Live TV, it initially worked, but when I changed the channel it
> > crashed, and kept crashing when I restarted.  It sounds like that's
> > just the frontend, not this patch.
>
> Hmm, is it possible that the Mac video output class is not
> accounting for resolution changes completely? This could
> cause a crash when switching between channels with different
> resolutions when using a digital recorder.

I'm seeing odd behavior, similar to what Mino mentioned.  Some times
the frontend will display video fine, including switching between
channels of different broadcast resolutions.  At other times, it would
crash as soon as I started Live TV.   And at other times it's the
backend that will crash.     So, I don't think it's necessarily a
display issue.

I tried an older frontend I had (10601) and it worked fine.