[mythtv] MacOS X MMX yuv420_2vuy Patch

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Aug 30 00:20:10 UTC 2006

> Attached is a patch to yuv2rgb.cpp that adds an MMX yuv420 to 2vuy
> converter.  Using my test harness it appears to be about 8x faster
> than the standard C implementation.

	Wow. Great work, Mino.

> I'm having crashes with MacOS X and DVB playback without this
> patch but when I can play LiveTV the MMX conversion seems to work.

	Not good. Anything I can help with?
Do you have any console messages or crash logs?

> This patch does not fix the Quicktime crash.

	Interesting. I thought the QT crash was fixed
by a patch which used a non-assembler version,
yuv2vuy_init_plain(). Doesn't this replace that?

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Beware - I am a carrier
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia |          of surrealism"