[mythtv] MHEG on DVB-S

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Tue Aug 29 10:33:57 UTC 2006

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Mark Kendall wrote:

> I'm fairly sure MHEG5 is DVB-T only in the UK (I'm not sure it's actually
> used much elsewhere at all). From memory dvb-s channels (UK) are geared
> towards Sky's own interactive platform.

Some Googling suggests that Sky do use MHEG, but I can't find anything
definitive - I'll have to have a play with the "Red Button" utilities and
see if I can convince it do do anything.  Is there a good way of finding
out what's actually in a transport stream?  dvbtraffic will tell me what
PIDs are there and their data rates but AFAIK nothing about what sort of
content they are carrying.

--

  - Steve