[mythtv] Desired configuration for multiple DVB-S cards one of them with CI-Slot

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Aug 28 22:26:19 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 00:08 +0200, Wolfgang Senoner wrote:
> Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 22:10 +0200, Wolfgang Senoner wrote:
> >> With the latest snapshots this behavior has changed. Browsing channels
> >> with up/down only shows the channels from one video source (the first
> >> one found). As far as I could investigate this is now the desired behavior.
> >
> > Fixed in SVN, the snapshot must be out of date.
> >
> > -- Daniel
> >

> Hi Daniel,
>
> thanks a lot for the fast response.
>
> I tried with the latest svn a few minutes ago and yes it looks much better.
>
> Somehow browsing through the channels still seems to behave a little bit
> weired. Depending on the direction I browse through the list it shows
> the  channels from the other video source or not. Sometimes it stuck on
> one and then I can't browse the channels from the other.

Try to make sure you don't have duplicate channum's, this can
cause confusion to the sort routine, especially if there are
no call signs. The channels should all still be there, but
you won't be able to tune to the ones on another input if a
channel with the same channum exists on the current input.

Also, non-numeric channel numbers which don't describe
ATSC channels are sorted as strings, this usually gives
an undesired ordering.

-- Daniel