[mythtv] More scheduling scheduler

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Fri Aug 25 17:55:39 UTC 2006

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:17:59 +1000, Colin Humphreys wrote:
> David Engel wrote:
>> This now in the softpad branch.  Barring outright bugs and further,
>> minor tweaking of the scheduler ordering, this is probably as feature
>> complete as I intend to make it.
>>
>> Unless I've missed some messages, Paul and Max are the only ones who
>> have tried this.  I'd really like to hear from some others before
>> deciding when/if to merge this into trunk.  If it would help, I can
>> resync the softpad branch with the recent changes in trunk.
>
> Hi, I'm just back from 5 months travel, and this stuff looks very useful
> to me. There are a heap of messages here on this, is testing development
> still needed? I'm having a bit of trouble following all the posts. I'm
> already running trunk rev 10935, how far away is the softpad branch from
> that?

I've been running the softpad changes patched into svn trunk ever since it
was first developed (I did post at the time as well). I think there's only
a couple of minor conflicts I've had to resolve with recent versions.

It has been working very well for me and I was hoping it would make it in
for 0.20, though it looks like that won't happen now. I had
assumed it had gone quiet because David was busy, if there's any other
reason I'd like to know why, I find the feature is very useful and works
well.

Cheers,

Martin.