[mythtv] Occasional LiveTV freezes

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Aug 23 15:06:33 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 07:57 -0400, Jack Radigan wrote:
> But one of them has constant problems, especially if I'm using NFS for
> access to the mythtv video directory.
> When I unmount the NFS share the problem is minimized, but it doesn't go
> away completely.
Have you set the NFS flags correctly? I don't remember the needed params,
but there have been several threads in mythtv-users and I think one
here.
At some point attribute caching became the default for NFS on Linux, but
this breaks MythTV. MythTV relies on being able to tell when a file is
created and how many bytes are in the file.

> Again, none of this was ever a problem until after I upgraded to the svn
> head.  I've been running 0.18 and 0.19 without any of this happening for
> well over a year now with the same hardware.
LiveTV used to use a single file for all LiveTV in 0.18, so the NFS
configuration was not very important. For various reasons this was
changed in 0.19 so that a new file is created for each recording.

-- Daniel