[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r10918 - in trunk/mythtv/programs by gigem

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Wed Aug 23 09:09:50 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 01:22:31AM +0000, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>       Author: gigem
>         Date: 2006-08-23 01:22:30 +0000 (Wed, 23 Aug 2006)
> New Revision: 10918
>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/10918
>
> Modified:
>
>    trunk/mythtv/programs/mythbackend/mainserver.cpp
>    trunk/mythtv/programs/mythfilldatabase/filldata.cpp
>
> Log:
>
> Moved the deletion of unnedded entries in recordedprogram,
> recordedcredits and recordedrating to the daily housekeeping.  I've
> had problems with orphaned entries getting left behind due to backend
> crashes.  Deleting those entries this way also eliminates a potential,
> but probably rare, race condition in their handling.

Why is it that daily housekeeping is not done by the housekeeper
in the backend, but rather by mythfilldatabase, whose purpose
you would think is to fill the database with program data?

Those of us who use over the air EIT exclusively don't need
mythfilldatabase to populate the program data, so requiring
it for housekeeping is a little obscure....

Stuart