[mythtv] Incorrect colors with ATI X1400

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Aug 22 18:28:06 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 11:11 -0400, Jack Radigan wrote:
> Yes, I've tried the hue control as you asked, no change.
> Not sure why you'd think that this is an ATI issue, both Xine and Mplayer
> are working fine.  It's only the mythfrontend that's got issues.
> One interesting thing, when using Xine there is no hue control present
in
> the video settings.

Because it looks like MythTV is using the Xv I420 surface correctly.
The other programs are probably using some other video output method,
or using a different XVideo surface or a different color format.

Since the hue isn't doing anything I'm going to have to assume this
is some problem with how the ATI driver is decoding the I420 data.

-- Daniel