[mythtv] tv_rec.cpp - two following recordings and pseudoLiveTVRecording

Wolfgang Nothdurft mythtv at linux-dude.de
Mon Aug 21 20:53:52 UTC 2006

Hi there,

I have a question to a code part of tv_rec.cpp:

In this part a message was sent to the frontend that a recording needs
the tuner. If you confirm to watch the recording another recording which
is programmed to start direct afterwards is cancelled by this code.
What are the queries about the pseudoLiveTVRecording good for in this
part of code?
I mean there is no difference between watching LiveTV or watching
pseudoLiveTV, so why the kFlagCancelNextRecording is set?

Thanks for your answers
Wolfgang

1157 	        // If we have a pending recording and AskAllowRecording is set
1158 	        // and the frontend is ready send an ASK_RECORDING query
to frontend.
1159 	        if (pendingRecording && HasFlags(kFlagAskAllowRecording))
1160 	        {
1161 	            ClearFlags(kFlagAskAllowRecording);
1162
1163 	            CheckForRecGroupChange();
1164 	            if (pseudoLiveTVRecording)
1165 	                SetFlags(kFlagCancelNextRecording);
1166
1167 	            if (GetState() == kState_WatchingLiveTV)
1168 	            {
1169 	                int timeuntil = QDateTime::currentDateTime()
1170 	                    .secsTo(recordPendingStart);
1171
1172 	                QString query = QString("ASK_RECORDING %1 %2 %3")
1173 	                    .arg(cardid).arg(timeuntil)
1174 	                    .arg(pseudoLiveTVRecording ? 1 : 0);
1175 	                VERBOSE(VB_IMPORTANT, LOC + query);
1176 	                QStringList messages;
1177 	                messages << pendingRecording->title
1178 	                         << pendingRecording->chanstr
1179 	                         << pendingRecording->chansign
1180 	                         << pendingRecording->channame;
1181 	                MythEvent me(query, messages);
1182 	                gContext->dispatch(me);
1183 	            }
1184 	        }
1185