[mythtv] API to refresh MythVideo files

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Sat Aug 19 02:23:13 UTC 2006

> there is also my mythvideoupdate patch which was never accepted which I
> can
> repost if people want it.
> the original patch should still work.

As far as I know you never submitted a reasonable version. It would be very
simple to add a rescan function to the MythVideo .so and abstract out the UI
portion of VideoScan.

Personally I don't get it, I don't get the inotify stuff, I don't get any of
the auto update stuff. Why? What good is default metadata for videos? If you
have files popping in and out of directories use the file browser.

At some point I plan on adding a flag so you can have metadata the video
manager won't validate but other than that (and partial refreshes in file
mode) I don't see it as that useful.

--
Anduin Withers