[mythtv] MythVideo Metadata

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 19:41:21 UTC 2006

On 8/14/06, Anduin Withers <awithers at anduin.com> wrote:
> > For my use I  would like to import a video on any frontend and have it
> > displayed on any  frontend.  I'm focused only the metadata.  I'm fine
> > mounting the mythvideo  directory via NFS on all machines and placing
> > cover
> > art in the same nfs  mount.  Just like the video files are placed in a
> > shared
> > location I want the  metadata also placed in a single shared location,
> > i.e.
> > the back-end server.
>
> I bring good news, that which you want is already there. The metadata is
> stored in the database, the very same is shared between all
> frontends/backends that you should expect to work.

The caveat is that all the frontends have to see the files in the same
location to match the files to the metadata.

So if a video is in /myth/videos on one frontend and /var/myth/videos
on another, the frontends won't know that they're the same file.

Also, "Cover art" has to be accessible by all the frontends too.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston