[mythtv] Formating of title for recordings

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 19:42:48 UTC 2006

On 08/08/06, Tim Jordan <tim at wheresrover.co.uk> wrote:
> How is the current titling of the recording formed.
> I notice that there is a date in there but the rest of it seems to be
> a bit cryptic.

Usually the format is CHANNUM_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.mpg

> Would it be possible to change the naming convention of the file to
> pull the title from the guide data and if I made a patch to do this
> would it have any adverse impacts elsewhere.

There is a contributed script (/contrib/mythrename.pl) that can do exactly this.

> This issue has cropped up because I have had a few database problems
> recently and wifey always wants to watch something in the cryptically
> named files, which results in me loaded them one by one in xine or
> similar and working out what they are.

If you know when the showing you want to watch was on, you can make an
educated guess by looking at the datestamp in the cryptic filename.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/