[mythtv] mytharchive passes bad mediatype values in config.xml?

Aran Cox spin667 at mchsi.com
Mon Aug 7 21:55:22 UTC 2006

When I specify a DVD DL disk, the mediatype is often some seemingly
random number in the config.xml file.  This is with todays
mythplugins/mytharchive.  I saw this in earlier versions as well.

This causes mythburn to run tcrequant on my recordings to squeeze them
down to fit on a single layer disk.  The dvdrsize value is set
correctly, but I think mythburn must be expecting a mediatype of 1.
Also, it seems that I saw mytharchive put a 0 in for mediatype when I
specified DVD+RW as well.

Line 1242 of mythburnwizard.cpp does this:

    options.setAttribute("mediatype", archiveDestination.type);

But I don't see where archiveDestination is populated, or where it
should be populated.  I'll have another look if no one else can fix
it... I'll also file a bug if someone thinks I should.

Aran