[mythtv] mythreplex produces a video stream that mplex can't read (mytharchive)

Aran Cox spin667 at mchsi.com
Wed Aug 2 19:07:46 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 12:39:33PM -0500, Aran Cox wrote:
> I'm not sure if there is something really wrong with the original
> recording, or if mythtranscode --mpeg2 isn't fixing something it could
> be fixing, or if mythreplex has a bug, or if mplex is being too picky.
> (However, like I said even the file command doesn't think the
> work/1/stream.m2v file is an mpeg stream.)

It looks like mythtranscode fails on the file as well.  This I think
is a seperate issue as mythtranscode runs fine on the command line and
from with mythtv (using a profile that is just lossless mpeg2
transcoding.)  It only fails from mythburn, the end of the strace for
mythtranscode looks like this:

31336 write(3, "\1\v\1\0\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0", 16) = -1 EPIPE
(Broken pipe)
31336 --- SIGPIPE (Broken pipe) @ 0 (0) ---
31336 write(2, "ICE default IO error handler doi"..., 70) = 70

I don't think this is related to the problems with the file I'm
talking about, as all of the files including that one have been
processed sucessfully with mythtranscode --mpeg2 in the past.  Does
anyone know where the message "ICE default IO error handler doing an
exit" comes from?  My guess is it's a qt/kde thing of some sort.

Aran