[mythtv] Live TV channel up/down broken in SVN

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Wed Aug 2 15:33:46 UTC 2006

Dan Wilga wrote:
> At 8:42 PM -0400 8/1/06, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> If I understand your message correctly, that sounds like what I
>> thought was the desired behavior.
>>

> Alas, no. This is different from 0.19 and the previous SVN version I
> had been using (10101).
>

>>   First, let me re-state the behavior to verify my understanding:
>>
>> When using LiveTV's browse mode for viewing program information,
>> using the up/down arrows scrolls through programs airing on other
>> channels, but only those channels in the same source that's being
>> used for the current input (i.e. your input is connected to video
>> source 2 and channels available to video source 3 are not shown in
>> browse mode).
>>

> I can see why you are being very careful in your phrasing, as this
> can be rather confusing. Perhaps a better description of my setup is
> in order:
>
> I have two tuner cards, a PVR-250 and a 350. In addition to NTSC
> cable (sourceid=2), both cards also have a connection to a separate
> Dish receiver. I have two receivers. These listings are sourceid=3 in
> the channel table.
>
> So there is physically no reason why I can't watch something in Live
> TV on either cable or satellite at any given moment--unless, of
> course, two programs are being recorded at the same time, which was
> not the case when I found this problem. There's no reason for Browse
> to ignore the satellite channels.
>
> There's also no reason for the "visible" flag to be ignored in
> browsing, but that is a separate issue.
>
> This behavior is different from previous versions, and definitely not
> desirable.

i've found that if you type a channel number which would cause you to
move to another "card" it will do so.
however, it won't change input. so if i am watch analogue cable on card
1 and type 53 (which should take me to s-video on card 3) it will change
to card 3, but on the Tuner-1 instead of S-Video.
not the same problem, but in the same area
--
simon