[mythtv] Recording/scheduling thread dying?

Martin Møller martin at martinm-76.dk
Fri Apr 28 22:58:18 UTC 2006

Fredag 28 april 2006 00:20 skrev Dave Just:
> On 27 Apr 2006, at 22:52, David Engel wrote:
> > Look at your logs?
>
> I did.  There's nothing untoward.  Log messages stop appearing, but
> the backend does not go away.  No definite pattern in what is
> happening beforehand.  It needs some work with gdb.  I'll give it a
> go in the next days unless someone else does.
>
>   - D.

I believe I've seen this too, although mostly when adding or removing slave
backends. Only the master backend seems to be affected. The remaining slave
backends reconnect just fine when the master backend is restarted (and as
previously mentioned, the master backend is still running, but hard to
communicate with. It's not responding on port 6544 either...)

I'm currently running SVN 9772, but I plan to update this weekend.

I mostly saw this when I got my Medion MB8800 working with the Dual SAA7133
tuner and thus could set up MythTV on it. It will not be running linux all
the time so the backend will disconnect 2 tuners at times...

/Martin.