[mythtv] Bug in NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp - SEGVs. Fixed here.

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Apr 27 12:53:42 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 11:34 +0100, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> Colin McCormack wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > No idea what the larger implications of this are, but I found a
> > SIGSEGV-producing bug in NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp, gdb'd it, and fixed it
> > (I think.)
> >
> > Someone want to check it out and commit it if it makes sense?  Without
> > it, the latest svn checkout is unusable for me.
> >
> Hi,
>
> You should create a ticket in trac and attach the patch....
> Also you should use a unified diff. (which is the default when you use
> svn diff)

No need this time, it was just a missing null pointer check, I've fixed
it in SVN.

My guess is this happens when you have captions on by default and there
are teletext captions but no subtitles, then we could try to get the
teletext viewer initialized before the OSD is initialized. Colin does
this describe your situation? If so, does the teletext ever get auto
enabled after this null pointer check is added to the code?

-- Daniel