[mythtv] Mac OS X MPEG-2 Acceleration Status?

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Thu Apr 27 01:50:01 UTC 2006

> I would like to know who - if anybody - has been working on this Mac
> MPEG-2 acceleration

	Jeremiah Morris (and Dave Abrahams) did a lot
of work on this to get it working roughly in MythTV.
Jeremiah sent me the code, but I have not able to get
it to work on my PowerBook (crashed a few times,
often didn't seem to be actually accellerating).

	I have some of it checked in, but the ugliest part
(where John interfaced it with libavcodec) is just too
nasty to use as-is. I am stuck at trying to improve
that part of the code. It needs to use the same sort of
API as the rest of the hardware accelerators (i.e. XVMC)

	Here are my current uncommitted changes:

% svn diff libs/libmythtv/NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp
libs/libmythtv/avformatdecoder.cpp libs/libavcodec/mpeg12.c

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Peacemaking is our profession"
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia  | Motto of Burpelson Airforce Base