[mythtv] Recording/scheduling thread dying?

Dave Just justifiably at cwazy.co.uk
Wed Apr 26 23:07:28 UTC 2006

Has anyone else noticed their backend stopping recording scheduled
programs after running for a while?  Also failing to respond to
changes in the schedule, so e.g. setting a program to record does not
highlight it in the guide or enter into the list of scheduled
programs seen by the frontend.  Restarting mythbackend resumes normal
behaviour, starting recording properly and displaying schedule
changes.  Anyone any ideas?

I'm seeing this in svn 9799, but this has been happening in head
versions for about two weeks.

I couldn't see anything in trac, so I ask the paranoid question of a
cautious bug reporter (& even more cautious bug hunter): "is there
something really wrong or is it maybe just me?"

  - David.