[mythtv] Configure/DVB wierdness

Lincoln Dale ltd at interlink.com.au
Mon Apr 24 23:22:51 UTC 2006

> I ran into a little problem when i switched to the release-0-19-fixes
> branch.
> First i switched the svn over to the correct branch and did a distclean.
> Then i ran configure with "./configure --enable-dvb-eit --enable-dvb
> --compile-type=debug"
> It didn't complain so i thought everything was fine.
[..]
> And a little sugestion, isn't it better to have the default dvb path
> something like '/lib/modules/`uname -r`/source/include' ?

Running configure with --dvb-path seems mandatory.  I guess the story here
is to verify that once you have run 'configure' that you look at the output
it generates & ensure it matches what you want.

Also running a quick test (like watching live tv) to make sure its operating
correctly wouldn't hurt...

One reason why I like the explicit --dvb-path is that it enables you to do
things like cross-compile - although there are some parts of the build
scripts that make that a little bit more difficult (such as using shared
libraries in /usr/local as a preference to those in the build directory),
but those can be worked around also.

I guess if you want it changed, perhaps open a ticket & attach your proposed
diff?  worst thing that can happen is someone will junk it. :)

cheers.