[mythtv] More scheduling scheduler

Max Barry mythtv at maxbarry.com
Mon Apr 24 03:43:13 UTC 2006

David Engel wrote:
> This now in the softpad branch. Barring outright bugs and further, minor
> tweaking of the scheduler ordering, this is probably as feature complete
> as I intend to make it.

I tested 'softpad' branch ver. 9787; same conditions as before.

All the important stuff seemed to work perfectly! Fantastic. Thanks a
lot for your work, Paul and David.

I very much like the new "(-1 +2)" string, but I found one problem with
it: if you use a hard buffer to *decrease* the recording time, it's out
by 1 minute. For example, if you have no soft pad and "End recording 2
minutes early", it displays "(+0 -1)" instead of "(+0 -2)". This is a
cosmetic problem with this string only; the scheduled recording times
were accurate.

I also have a related suggestion. After playing around for a while, I
found that having "-" indicate start-early and "+" indicate end-late
became confusing. I think it would be more intuitive if "+" always meant
"more recording time" and "-" always meant "less recording time". So if
you have a 1-minute start-early buffer and a 2-minute end-late buffer,
it would display as "(+1 +2)", not "(-1 +2)".

Max.