[mythtv] J2ME Remote via Bluetooth

Ariel Mauricio Nunez Gomez ingenieroariel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 22:37:13 UTC 2006

I've been thinking about it the whole day.

1- Bemused uses a 'virtual COM port' over bluetooth to handle the
communication. (It is *really* fastar than I expected).
      Note: The AT commands solution you describe above is also based on a
virtual serial connection.
2- I think creating a Bluetooth PAN connection should be a better way to
handle things, the communication could then be made directly to the mythtv
tcp interface.
3- I have a nokia N-Gage which has bluetooth but MIDP1.0 and no JSR-182,
while i'm at home I can browse the internet without cost using the PC as a
"gateway". Whenever a MIDlet wants to acces the web, it's the phone
operating system which decides to use the existing blutooth link or start a
GPRS session. I works nice....after I walk away from home I locks up for
some minutes before realizing the Bluetooth is over and again starts GPRS.

Well, I'm looking forward to develop that kind of (GPRS/BT why not WI-FI)
solution. What should be decided next is if the application should send
keystrokes to "middleware" server or directly to mythTV.

Kind Regards,

Ariel