[mythtv] via_XvMC non-fading OSD

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Apr 20 10:35:48 UTC 2006

> On Thursday 20 April 2006 04:45, Paul Leppert wrote:
>> I'm not sure if I'm seeing the same problem.  I am using xvmc (with the
>> chroma key changes to provide a color OSD) and have a problem where the
>> OSD
>> doesn't go away when watching HDTV recordings, but does in SDTV.  This
>> is a
>> new behavior in the SVN since 0.19 (I'm currently running SVN 9441, but
>> just tried again yesterday with SVN 9726 and see the same behavior).
>
> See the patch attached to http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1516

Tried this a while ago and although it changes the behavior for the case
of fadeaway = 0, it does nothing to fix the 'watermark' problem which
looks like the final fade transition never gets executed (off by one type
of error).

What I can't work out though is why any of the 3 times 'info' or
mute/unmute actions clears the remanent - obviously something knows its
there to be able to clear it!!

--
Robin Gilks