[mythtv] Changes needed for Compilation on Cygwin

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Mon Apr 17 09:09:36 UTC 2006

Hi

>>Having installed Cygwin, found a liblame package for it, and grabbed
>>the (Now included) QT packages, there are a few changes that need to
>>be made for Myth to compile.
>>

>Cygwin now includes QT packages? That's great - I did the initial work on
>DirectX output, but haven't got very far in the last couple of years,
>since qt/win32 wasn't working on cygwin. I might have a look at the issues
>you've had and see if there are any obvious workarounds.

When I changed the audio code to inherit from a common audiooutput base
class I didn't have any way to check that the DirectX stuff was working
OK.  So it's quite possible that something *is* indeed broken there.

Have a look at a couple of the other output classes to get an idea on
the functions that are supposed to be implemented.  Its not hard to
adapt to the new inheritance structure and it brings many benefits

Ed W