[mythtv] Preview of my MusicPatch for Mythweb/Mythmusic....

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Apr 15 19:20:17 UTC 2006

Chris Petersen wrote:
> FYI, I won't accept anything that absolutely requires javascript.

mp3act needs JS, so in a sense this goes against your requirement, but
if it was supplied in addition to the regular PHP/HTML only MythWebMusic
and the two worked side by side would that be acceptable? i.e.
MythWebMusic let's you view (and in the future edit/organise), and
MythWebMusicAct (or whatever), let's you stream from your webserver.

> Nor do I have the power to approve database changes to MythMusic.

I'm sure if there is a valid reason and the structure is clear and
sensible, that there wont be too much too much opposition (tho' I have
been proved wrong on this fact many times :p )

> However, the new modular design will make it easier to integrate
> third-party modules like this one, so don't let me discourage you from
> continuing to work on your plugin.

Ahh cool, so even if it's not officially part of MythWeb, provided the
schema changes are acceptable, then this would still work nicely as a
3rd party addon. Cool. :)

Col

--

|     Colin Guthrie      |