[mythtv] A Couple Questions

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 18:13:59 UTC 2006

> I just fixed a time conversion problem for EIT events, but it has
> only existed in svn head for a couple days, so it was probably the
> recent timezone change in the US and Quebec that threw things off
> for you.
>
> -- Daniel

Cool, thanks Daniel.  I've updated and I'm recompiling right now.   You know
how people are saying that the hwclock should be set to UTC.  I tried to do
that (in the bios) but eventually it resets itself.  I guess I'm not real
clear on how to setup hwclock to use UTC time.  Is it ultimately necessary?

Here is some output:
# hwclock --show;date
Fri 14 Apr 2006 12:08:08 PM MDT  -0.318407 seconds
Fri Apr 14 12:08:15 MDT 2006

# cat /etc/adjtime
1.077299 1144901964 0.000000
1144901964
UTC

Should the hwclock say UTC instead of MDT?  When I set the time in the bios
to UTC time, the hwclock still said MDT.  I'm running debian and it executes
a script that sets up the hwclock in /etc/init.d/hwclock.sh.  I read the man
page for hwclock and found the --utc switch but I can't figure out how to
set it up for UTC all the time.  I was able to get it to write the
/etc/adjtime file to UTC (output above) instead of LOCALTIME but when I
reboot it resets back to LOCALTIME.

Thanks again,
-Greg