[mythtv] Memory requirements of current f/e

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 13 17:35:50 UTC 2006

> > - Backend is consistently at around 23Mb reserved, but around 200Mb in
> > swap (at least it's mostly in swap). CPU usage is 0.7% while recording a
> > show
> I don't know what is consuming all the memory here, what kinds of
> recorders are you using?

Just as a reference point, my backend also uses about 200 Mb with about 30 Mb
resident.  It doesn't seem to leak, it's just always around that size.  I have
1 HD3000 and 2 PVR-150 recorders.  The HDRingbufferSize is 18800.

Do these sizes sound "reasonable" to someone who knows the backend better than
I do?  Or is it worth running something like valgrind's massif?

--Jack