[mythtv] DVB multiplexes all wrong in 0.19

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Apr 12 23:10:40 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 19:36 +0100, RoboJ1M wrote:
> And that would be me happy, except that I now have the a scaled up
> image of the program/channeldetails/signal strength boxes interleaved
> with the frames of the video. So HUGE flickering BBC THREE SNR 31%
> over over the top of the video.
These are not something anyone else is experiencing, perhaps you
need to reinstall your OSD theme (or switch to one of the core ones).

> I tried then going back to 0.19.1.
> Erm, that doesn't seem to work.
> Anyway to downgrade the database?
> Or, wipe the database (nothing in there but channels) and patch my
> 0.19.1 with the new scanner code?
I think you can just run mythfilldatabase, rather than wipe the
database.

You should give the setup guide another read, and then post any
questions not answered there to mythtv-users.

Probably your best bet is to use one of the scanners in dvb-utils
with mythtv-0.19-fixes. Then once you have a working mythtv instance
read the last few weeks of mythtv-dev posts, and decide whether to
jump to the dev branch. We can always use more developers, scanning
and eit handling in particular is under active development in the
dev branch.

-- Daniel