[mythtv] Memory requirements of current f/e

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Wed Apr 12 22:37:44 UTC 2006

> Myth consumes about 20% RAM while it regenerates the themecache then
> once the progress bars disappear (and I presume the main window is about
> to appear), memory usage jumps up >30% and eventually is killed by the
> kernel.... :(

I think it might be a bit of both

I am seeing one possible leak generating preview images.  Another which
someone suggested could be the OSD cache "leaking".

However, having switched off the EIT code makes a huge difference to
memory requirements.  Backend is down to around 21M, but frontend is
still 160M basic or so (rising rapidly to several hundred)

Also, the EIT scanner on recordings uses around 40% CPU on a P2.8Ghz,
but I have seen some comments recently that this may be possible to
optimise a little?

Just a "me too" anyway.

Ed W