[mythtv] Memory requirements of current f/e

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Apr 12 22:34:52 UTC 2006

Robin Hill wrote:
> I believe Steven was referring particularly to the long thread that's
> been ongoing on -dev the last day or so about memory leaks in current
> SVN.  So yes, recent SVN is requiring more memory.

Yeah, I've been following that thread right enough... Nice to see Ed
back again after a year or so :)

It's funny that he commented that the --disable-dvb-eit option seemed to
reduce leakage... but now that option (just today) has disappeared ;)

I hope the folks that can trace these leaks work their magic so I can
keep up with things. My setup makes it very hard to trace leaks and even
run GDB/Valgrind on them too. Hey ho... I'll just be patient :)

Cheers for clarifying.

Col.

--

|     Colin Guthrie      |