[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9633 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Apr 11 02:15:32 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 09:48 -0500, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> > Can you try increasing the timeouts in the scanner?
> >
> > Signal Timeout is 1000 ms and the Table (aka "Tuning") timeout is
> > 3000 ms by default. Since it sounds like you are getting signal
> > locks, try increasing the 3000 ms timeout to say 6000 ms.
>
> This worked; should this be the new default, or do you think this was a
> "just me" type of situation.  Is it better to err on the side of caution
>   and have a large value, at least during setup?

Can you find out what is the smallest timeout value that works for you,
and send me the "Using DVB card X, with frontend 'XXX'" line from
your backend logs (when run with '-v channel' ?

My line looks like so:
2006-04-10 22:10:52.865 DVB#0 Using DVB card 0, with frontend 'Oren
OR51132 VSB/QAM Frontend'.

I'd like to figure out what a sane minimum is. The values I picked
work for the pcHDTV HD-3000 and the Air2PC 2nd gen card, obviously
your card takes a little longer to tune, but I doubt that it takes
a full seven seconds... (an extra second is added for QAM tuning).

-- Daniel