[mythtv] Channel editor hangs

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Apr 10 02:47:37 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 18:56 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/09/2006 06:09 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> > Daniel,
> >
> > I updated to SVN and tried out the new channel editor but it hangs
> > waiting for wget to return but it fails with a bad options command-line
> > help in the log.  On my FC4 system, wget reports:
> >
> > [root at unichrome myththemes]# wget --version
> > GNU Wget 1.9+cvs-stable (Red Hat modified)
> >
> > What were you using for your testing?  Basically the frontend becomes
> > unresponsive to the keyboard waiting for wget to return (I assume) even
> > after it has already failed.
> >

> Same issue as
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/195679#195679 ?

Hmmm, I wouldn't mind rearranging the wget param order to whatever
is considered POSIXy. I agree with the original comments that this
looks like a problem with wget, since it is not behaving as documented
in the wget man page. But it seems rather easy to work around.
I'm using wget version 1.10.2, but if this is the same problem as
in the post, then this is not really pertinent.

Of course, the channel editor shouldn't hang on a wget failure so
I'll look at that portion of the problem sometime next week...
If you could figure out the param order that will work on your
system by then, then I could fix that problem as well.

-- Daniel