[mythtv] MythSocket class

David Blain MythTv at TheBlains.net
Sun Apr 9 23:16:30 UTC 2006

> > > Thanks for testing.  I didnt actually touch the http
> server part of
> > > the backend, so its still using QSocket.  I left it as is cause I
> > > need to figure out a workaround to handle canReadLine/readLine
> > > functions that QSocket provides.
> >
> > My upnp Patch #1495 completely replaces the http server in the
> > backend.  I created a Buffered QSocketDevice class that handles the
> > canReadLine/readLine functions.
> >

> I want to avoid doing any buffering in the MythSocket class.
> Its one of the main issues with QSocket and threads.

The Class I wrote is thread safe... The new Http Server is running in
multiple threads handling concurrent request just fine.  The main reason for
buffering a QSocketDevice was to avoid using slots and still be able to
implement readLine without resorting to reading one byte at a time from the
socket.

My original intent was to let you know that you don't need to spend time
changing the HTTP Server in the Backend, due to my patch.  The HTTP Server I
implemented for upnp has many more features than the existing one and I just
didn't want you to waste your time.

David.