[mythtv] Running Internal DVD player standalone

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Apr 9 16:46:30 UTC 2006

Hi,

Robin Gilks wrote:
> Simple question
>
> I'm about to start debugging a problem with the internal DVD player so I'd
> like a simple way of starting it up without going through the
> 'mythfrontend mythdvd' and menus route. Is there a way of kicking the
> frontend directly into Internal DVD player mode (I assume that is where is
> resides) to make debugging on a remote frontend a bit easier?

Dunno if there is a way, but perhaps one method would be to use a jump
point and use the network control layer to start the dvd player?

e.g.: echo "jump playdvd" | telnet epia 6546

Not ideal but saves you tapping the remote control/keyboard on your
remote machine ;)

(actually, I just tested that and it doesn't work! - telnet bombs out
too quickly for the command to get through... I'm sure a very quick perl
script could be knocked up that would achieve the desired result tho').

> BTW: The problem is that on my Epia SP13000 the internal DVD player
> crashes the frontend but the same binary on a non-Epia box is OK :-( go
> figure... (or is that go gdb...)

Perhaps some MMX type ASM that is enabled on your non-epia box and is
incompatible with your epia? Stabbing in the dark really, but it's
perhaps worth trying to compile with out MMX? Also could be to do with
the decoding layer - perhaps XvMC issues? (if that is used for internal
DVD - it was forced to libmpeg2 IIRC in the past).

Col.

--

|     Colin Guthrie      |