[mythtv] Memory leaks in SVN

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Sun Apr 9 13:22:18 UTC 2006

Hi

> Most of the scanning problems are known issues which we are currently working
> on. Can you tell us exactly which version of SVN you are using? A partial fix
> for the problem you mention did go in on Thursday, though I've yet to test it
> myself.

I'm using 9647 which is post-thursday.

I am experiencing crashes while running the scanner at least 9 times out
of 10.  I will try and post a patch once I have the machine rebuilt so
that I can get a backtrace.  Error is from glibc about a free...

It tends to run most of the way and actually report finding channels
with those strange names - the channel number is also like 6#2 which
causes some sorting problems elsewhere.

I was able to successfully use a channels.conf file in vdr format though
and import all my channels that way (which was very successful!)

Curiously on the last run it seemed to insert way more of those wierd
looking channel names than there are actual channels really there.  This
suggests that it might be finding some kind of other bogus information
rather than real channels?

This is an extremely cool feature all in all though!  Much appreciated.

Would you be able to give me a quick summary on where to look to debug
this further? (files/function names?)  Do you have a vague idea on where
these funny names are coming from - is it an error in the parser or is
it bogus data leaking in?

Cheers

Ed W