[mythtv] New UI code. (was: blah blah up/down arrows blah blah)

Herman Kuiper herman at frontier.nl
Sat Apr 8 09:03:21 UTC 2006

> So without looking directly at the code

Idem.

> Still the problem exists when other sounds are wanted and music is not,
> and you don't want to go back to mythmusic to stop it.  Not sure how this
> could be thwarted, but maybe some sort of priority setting completely
> associated with mythmusic...

Assuming MFD will once be finished, a simple solution might be enough for
the time being, so maybe assume there is always just one plugin producing
sound, which can always be pre-empted.

I'm assuming there is some sort of "common" code among plugins to grab the
sound card, so wouldn't it be possible to have MythMusic store a callback
function in gContext, and have the sound allocator check if there is a
callback before opening the device, and calling that callback first?

	Herman